A number of regulation changes have been applied to the Cadet classes using the Vortex Mini ROK engine, several of which will be enforced this weekend. These include no longer being able to use a fuel return line on the carburettor, removal of ignition timing limits, introduction of a new port timing rule plus removal of tolerances on several measurements.
The rule changes bring the engine in line with the international Vortex ROK rules used by ROK organisers around the world.
The new homologation document (33-page PDF) can be found on the KA website HERE.
RE-HOMOLGATION OF THE VORTEX MINI ROK AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU.
As of 14th March 2023 a new homologation document for the Vortex Mini ROK has been introduced by Karting Australia. This document and the information within it has been put together by Vortex, Patrizicorse and Karting Australia for the interest of our competitors. The new homologation brings our Vortex Mini ROK engines in line with the Vortex ROK rules used by ROK organisers around the world. Below we identify the major changes for you.
This document is an information sheet only, the decisions of KA Technical personal and the homologation document take precedence at all times. Nothing in this document can be used as evidence in a technical hearing or dispute.
NOTE: ALL ENGINE PARTS MUST BE ORIGINAL BY VORTEX ROK.
Neither the engine, nor any accessory are permitted to be modified in any way unless specifically permitted in these homologation documents.
By this we mean any shape, content or function changes which may differ from what previously conceived.
Furthermore, this includes any addition and /or removal of material and /or parts from the engine set-up package unless provided for by this regulation.
- The Clutch Cover (illustrated on the image above) is compulsory for use in National Championship, National Series and National Cup Competition from 17 April 2023 and all other levels of Competition from 1 January 2024. For the last 2 years this part has been supplied with every new engine sold. Patrizicorse will have adequate stock for introduction by RD2 of AKC.
- Weights and Tolerances of many vortex parts have been tightened and in some cases NO +/- given. If a measurement is stated without +/- it means absolute. Example opening angle of Exhaust is 154° this means its Maximum tolerance is 154°.
- New tools have been introduced to allow easier checks of inlet and outlet surfaces of the cylinder.
- Hard Chroming Allowed of the Crankshaft on areas identified.
- A New piston and Spark plug cap has been Homologated however this is yet to be introduced. The manufacture has introduced these just in case a supplier cannot supply. We will let you know when and if these products will become available for use.
- Clutch Weights these have changed significantly please check, tolerances have tightened.
- NO MORE +/- on the Cadet 9 restrictor. the measurement is 16.05mm MAX.
- Fuel return line is NOT PERMITTED.
- Only one (1) cylinder head gasket may be used at any time.
- Only one (1) cylinder base gasket may be used at any time.
- Only permitted spark plug is NGK-B10EG or NGK-B9EG this means you can only use these two spark plugs and nothing else.
- IGNITION TIMING DELETED.
- Introduction of the 31 Degree port timing rule has been introduced and will be used effective immediately. See below diagram for instruction and tooling on how to check your engines if they comply.
REMEMBER TWO VERY IMPORTANT THINGS
1. IF IT DOES NOT SAY YOU CAN then YOU CAN NOT.
2. NOTE: ALL ENGINE PARTS MUST BE ORIGINAL BY VORTEX ROK.