NEWS BRIEFS! Mostly (but not just) club-based news and updates to kick off the new year…
CLUB – After a very challenging, but ultimately successful 2020, the Ipswich Kart Club members have selected a new committee for 2021. “There have been some significant changes with many of the previous executive stepping down and some of the previous general committee members stepping into executive roles for 2021” the club advised KartSportNews. “Additionally, some highly skilled members have joined the general committee bringing a wealth of knowledge and specific skills suited to some of the major tasks and initiatives IKC will be confronting in 2021.”
The Ipswich Kart Club committee for 2021 is:
- President – Scott Cleveland
- Vice President – Tania Laycock
- Junior Vice President – Gary Boegheim
- Secretary – Kalie Sampson
- Treasurer – Jumpei Morita
- Race Secretary – Russell Innes
- Track Safety Officer – Angus Mathers
- Junior Development Officer – Russell Innes
- Membership and Licensing Officer – Maureen Capri
- Technical Officer – Alf Capri
- Timing Officers – Nancy & Graham Castledine
- Promotions & Marketing Officer – Kent Lawrence
- Drivers Representative – Jeremy Knight
- State Karting Council Delegate – Pete Sattler
- State Karting Council Co Delegate – Scott Cleveland
- General Committee – Lee Rudd, Lance Orsmond, Jason Smith, Scott Howard, Jason Platten, Liam Cummings.
The 2021 IKC Championship Round dates, feature classes, race formats, series classes etc for each round will be confirmed in the next few weeks.
NEW RETRO – Retro Karting Australia has a new website. Check it out at www.retrokartingaus.com.au
NSW COVID – Karting (New South Wales) today released Version 10 of its “Guidelines to Reduce Covid-19 Risk at KNSW Sanctioned Events” in line with latest NSW and ACT Health Requirements. The new Guidelines are effective from 4 January 2021. Key changes are outlined on the KNSW website – click HERE.
INDUSTRY – 6 Star has been appointed the NSW distributor for Kart Republic. “I’d like to say we are not starting out as a race team, we are more a family and with time families grow and we hope to extend our business and karting family” Trent from 6-Star posted on Facebook. “With great success around the world the Kart Republic brand is showing it’s a front running package and we hope to help people get into the brand and also have success – but most of all let’s have some fun.”
CLUB – The Yorke Peninsula Dirt Kart Club has some big events planned for the year, such as:
- SA Masters Games in April, over 2 nights
- Peninsula Cup Two-Dayer in June
- Part of the Junior Kart Championship with round 3 in August
- Geoff Phillips Memorial – from feedback after last years event it is expected to be even bigger and better for the KT Twins and Stateman.
The YPDKC season kicks off on February 20; see the calendar below. The club will be hosting the South Australian State titles in 2022.
DRIVER – Hugh Barter gives CC Racing due credit in his sponsor video: