In accordance with the latest NSW Chief Health Officer’s recommendations, Karting New South Wales will not be sanctioning State or Regional/Zonal events for the next six weeks.
Local Club Day events will still be issued permits, so long as they adhere to the NSW Government restrictions, the organisation advised.
“Any events affected will be rescheduled in KNSW’s Competition Calendar shortly. We remind all competitors, officials and volunteers to comply with KNSW’s Guidelines to Reduce Covid Risk at KNSW Sanctioned Events.
“In addition, NO ONE SHOULD ATTEND A KNSW SANCTIONED EVENT IF:
- In the last fourteen (14) days you are aware that you have been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19;
- You have been overseas, been in Victoria, or have attended any of the reported case locations listed on the NSW Health Website (https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#latest-covid-19-case-locations-in-nsw);
- have had contact with someone that has been overseas, Victoria, or any of the reported case locations in NSW in the last fourteen (14) days; or
- You have any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (including temperature, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever).
“All KNSW Club volunteers have done an amazing job in 2020 to get karters back on track and KNSW appreciates the extra time and effort which has gone into this year’s racing calendar.
“We understand that these new recommendations are not designed to shut community sport down, they are simply looking to strengthen some safety measures which KNSW Clubs have done a great job in implementing so far. “
- Download the Karting NSW COVID Guidelines PDF HERE.