from Kartsport New Zealand
KartSport New Zealand and KartSport Rotorua extend a warm invitation to all qualified Karting Australia Licenced competitors to cross the Tasman next Easter to contest the Giltrap Group 2018 KartSport New Zealand National Sprint Championships.
To assist all “independent” Australian competitors (ie those not contesting the event as part of a kiwi based team) we will provide you with FREE marquee space in the “Aussie Tent”. So get together with your mates and come on over. You could be a National Champion in just one weekend!
KartSport Rotorua’s Century Batteries Raceway, adjacent to the Mamaku Forest and just 17 kilometres from the North Island’s tourist capital, is 1241 metres long, built to international CIK-FIA specifications and has a track limit of 38 karts. It is the newest licenced kart track in New Zealand, first opened in May 2011.
Classes include: Cadet ROK, Vortex Mini ROK, Junior 100cc Yamaha, 125cc Rotax Max Junior, 100cc Yamaha, 125cc Rotax Max Light, 125cc Rotax Max Heavy. Rotax DD2, KZ2 and Open.
For details on class/engine specifications and Age Groups go to:
Please Note: Age Groups for some classes are different to Australia. You will race to NZ Age Group Rules regardless of your KA Licence category.
There are two and a half days of testing available immediately prior to competition with Qualifying on the afternoon of Good Friday. Two Heats and some Pre-Finals on Saturday, then the remaining Pre-Finals Easter Sunday morning followed by all 10 Finals (24 km each except Cadet ROK and Vortex Mini ROK which are 18km).
The formal prizegiving will be at the track at the conclusion of tech on Sunday evening and will include a variety of food choices and a live band until 11pm.
The event will be Livestreamed so your friends and family back home can watch you race, live.
If you are planning on coming over don’t delay in organising your accommodation. The NZ round of Crankworx is on in Rotorua over Easter and the city will be full of international, thrill seeking, pedal pushers.
Yes you can win! Former NZ Sprint Championship titles have been won by:
- Tom Williamson, 125cc Rotax Max Heavy, 2007
- Jackson Delamont, KF3, 2010
- Lane Moore, 125cc Rotax Max Heavy, 2011 & 2015
- Remo Luciani, 100cc Yamaha Heavy, 2012
- David Sera, 125cc Rotax Max Light, 2012
PLUS you may recognise these names:
- Dale Verrall, 3 titles from period 1985-1995 inclusive
- Fabian Coulthard, 3 titles from period 1993- 1995 inclusive.
- Craig Baird, Midget Champion 1981
- (Late) Jason Richards, 2 titles from period 1988 to 1991 inclusive
All you need is a valid Karting Australia Sprint A or B rated Licence, a valid Trans Tasman Visa (from KA) and an International Medical Card (from KA).
Nearest international airport is Auckland which is about 2½ hours drive from Rotorua. Or you can fly domestically from Auckland – Rotorua (45 minutes).
- EARLY ENTRIES CLOSE 5pm Thursday 1 March 2018
- LATE ENTRIES for Confirmed Classes CLOSE 5pm 19 March 2018
So what’s stopping you? Come on over!
- Event Convenor: Brent Hatton +64 27 298 9067 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Race Secretary: Karen Tyrrell +64 27 4587628 email@example.com
- KartSport New Zealand Robert Hutton +64 27 6740 635 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Page: http://www.kartsport.org.nz/events/2018-national-sprint-championships
- Track Info: https://kartsportrotorua.nz/track-info/
- Recent My-Laps Track Results: https://speedhive.mylaps.com/en/Organizations/89718
- KartSport Rotorua FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/Kartsport-Rotorua-188312314570800/
- Event FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/2018KartsportNationals/
- KartSport New Zealand FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/KartSportNZ/
- Accommodation Rotorua: Search Google