The FIA homologates (approves) certain product for use in its competitions.
For some components, like chassis and engines, this helps curb an arms race among the manufacturers (and by extension, spiralling costs for the competitor) by preventing them from continually introducing upgraded components on a race-by-race basis. For other items, it’s for safety reasons, certifying product meets certain safety standards.
Here’s the full list of current FIA homologated karting product and the years for which the homologation is valid:
- 2023-2025 Engines, Carburettors, Ignitions, intake & exhaust silencers HERE
- Lubricants for 2023 HERE
- 2022-2024 Ignitions HERE
- 2022-2023 Chassis, bodywork & brakes (Groups 1 & 2, ie KZ & OK) HERE
- 2020-2023 Chassis, bodywork & brakes (Group 3, ie Mini) HERE
- 2022-2023 Tyres HERE
- 2016-2024 Engines, Carburettors, Ignitions, intake & exhaust silencers (Groups 1 & 2) HERE
- Overalls (as at December 2022) HERE
- Helmets (as at December 2022) HERE
- Body protection (rib vests, as at March 2022) HERE