Further funding has been secured to help enable the Southern Go Kart Club to extend its track at Bolivar.
Club President Brett Fortanier confirmed the securing of $142,000 from the Office of Recreation, Sport and Racing.
“The Grant funding is a significant contribution towards an overall budget of $355,000 that will enable the track to be extended, bringing the facility up to modern standards” Fortanier posted.
The modifications will extend the circuit to around 980 metres and use all available land on the leasehold.
To ensure all members fully understand what is being proposed, and are given the opportunity to provide feedback, the SGKC Committee will host a briefing on Tuesday, February 8.
In addition to making this meet-up a social occasion with a sausage sizzle, the club wants to discuss with members a number of topics, such as:
- Strategic need to upgrade
- SGKC financial position and affordability of the upgrade
- How the project will be managed
- When the works will be scheduled and the new track available for racing
- Options to get the existing track resurfaced at the same time