KARTING TO RETURN IN PARTS OF REGIONAL NEW SOUTH WALES!!
In accordance with the latest NSW Public Health Order – Public Health (Covid-19 Additional Restrictions for Delta Outbreak) Order (No2) 2021 released this evening (10 Sep), karting can return to the track in parts of Regional New South Wales!
Effective from Saturday 11 September, 2021, Karting (New South Wales) Inc will permit karting practice to resume at the following KNSW Licensed Tracks:
- Lismore Kart Club
- Coffs Harbour Kart Club
- Tamworth Kart Club
- Griffith Kart Club
- Manning Valley Kart Club
- Port Macquarie Kart Club
- Wagga & Districts Kart Club (currently under track development)
- Grenfell Kart Club (currently under track development)
The decision to resume karting practice at these KNSW Clubs shall remain at the sole discretion of each of those KNSW Club’s Committees to ensure appropriate measures are in place for the health and safety of all participants, volunteers and attendees in accordance with current CovidSAFE Plans.
KNSW Licences for those licence holders at these eight clubs will be re-activated from 11 September 2021.
Please note that the following restrictions currently apply:
- There is a MAXIMUM OF 50 PERSONS permitted at the Facility;
- Every person in attendance MUST SCAN in with the Service NSW QR Code at the Track upon entry;
- Facemasks are to be worn by anyone over 12 years of age within ANY INDOOR part of the facility; and
- Compliance with KNSW Guidelines to Reduce the Risk of Covid-19 at KNSW Sanctioned Events.
Karting NSW will continue to monitor the situation and may determine that local karting competition events may take place, provided they can comply with current public health orders.
The NSW Government strongly urges everyone in NSW to get vaccinated as soon as you can. Under the NSW Government’s ‘Roadmap to Freedom’ released on 9 September 2021, only fully vaccinated people (or those with medical exemptions) will have access to additional freedoms – including participation in community sporting competitions – when NSW hits the 80 per cent double dose target.
Should you have any queries in relation to the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org