With the easing of some restrictions in the state, social karting will be able to re-commence in most parts of regional Victoria from this Friday.
A communication from Karting Australia on the matter is below.
MESSAGE TO KARTING VICTORIA AND REGIONAL CLUBS
8 September 2021
Following today’s announcement by the Premier of Victoria, please see below a summary of what it means for the sport of karting in Regional Victoria.
Social Karting Activities can resume at Regional Victorian Clubs, with the exception of in the Greater Shepparton region, as of Friday September 10 based on the following requirements:
- Open for all ages for training purposes only.
- Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies
- Limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. players,coaches)
- Spectators not allowed (excludes people necessary for events such as officials and one parent to supervise their children)
- Maximum 300 people in attendance at the venue
- COVID-19 Marshalls and Check-In Officers as per previous advice and Victorian Government requirements
At this stage, it is only Social Karting Activities that is permitted – NO CLUB DAYS OR OTHER RACE MEETINGS are able to be held until further notice.
Masks will continue to be required everywhere indoors and outdoors (except private residences), unless an exception applies.
Should you have any questions Lee Hanatschek on 07 5655 4341 (email email@example.com) or Pam Arnett on 0409 334 175 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Best Regards and Stay Safe
Chief Executive Officer