if it’s karting, we’ll include it…
HISTORY – Check out some of the names on this Club Champion trophy that popped up on Facebook recently. It’s from the old Sydney Kart Racing Club that called Oran Park home for many years.
TEAM/DRIVER NEWS– The factory CRG Racing Team will field young French driver Arthur Rogeon in the OK category in 2021. It will be Rogeon’s first season in OK and he will take in the FIA European and World Championships, the Champions of the Future series and some WSK events. His goal is to gain experience in 2021 with a view to winning titles in 2022 where he would also consider racing in the KZ category.
CLUB NEWS – Gippsland Go Kart Club conducted its AGM recently. Positions for the next 12 months are:
- President: Peter Richards
- Vice President: Tabbatha Fisher-Smith
- Secretary: Tony Correa
- Treasurer: Lou Viggiano
- Race Secretary: Lorraine Aitken
- Committee: Peter Aitken, Troy Alger, Grant Wicks, Chris Collins, Michael Downing
EVENT – CRG and Adria Raceway have extended their partnership to run the third annual 24 Hours Karting of Italy on the weekend of March 13-14, 2021. All competitors will use new CRG Centurion karts equipped with a Honda 390cc engine. The field is split into Pro and Silver (amateur) categories.
CLUB / EVENT – 4-Stroke Karting NSW has released an eight event calendar for 2021. Some notes about the season:
- It will begin and end in Canberra
- The Coffs Harbour round is also the NSW State Title for single engines
- Orange will be using the faster short circuit configuration (no hairpin)
- A switch of direction (!) will take place half way through the race on the new layout at Manning Valley
- Final round is a Saturday to accommodate the end of year presentation that will be held at conclusion of racing
- $100 prize will go to both the outright pole position and CHAMP class pole.
TRACK WALK – Dave Sera gives some valuable track tips and things to look for on a track walk.