The world’s first Rotax MAX Dome has been opened in Linz, Austria, the home of BRP’s famous Rotax engine.
The Rotax MAX Dome concept is an innovative new indoor e-kart racing arena that combines gamification, augmented reality technology and virtual entertainment.
BRP-Rotax say the Dome project builds on the momentum of their market-leading electric kart that was released in 2017, and is driven by BRP’s growing interest in “providing more experimental opportunities”.
“This is an excellent opportunity to apply our growing expertise in electrification” said José Boisjoli, President and CEO.
“The Rotax MAX Dome in Linz is our first site of this kind and our intent is to expand this concept in various cities and countries around the world through a franchise model.”
About Rotax MAX Dome
The Rotax MAX Dome experience is like being inside a video racing game: at the center of the space is a perfectly staged, two-level broad kart track capable of accommodating up to 12 karts at a time, with a 50-metre augmented-reality tunnel where you can earn extra points depending on where you drive. The tunnel incorporates custom light and sound generators and interactive features.
Designed to be the ultimate fun but safe experience, the track has a special shock-absorbing barrier system for both the racetrack and the e-karts, as well as position recognition systems of the vehicles, plus a remote control system for any unexpected issues.
MAX Dome uses Rotax SONIC e-karts that combine innovative propulsion technology and a modern design with futuristic features for an exciting and extraordinary racing experience.
The position of the e-karts is transmitted in real time to screens inside the center and to the MAX Dome application, encouraging people to follow or play along.
Rotax MAX Dome Statistics
- Immersive experience using e-kart technology with gamification, augmented reality technology and virtual entertainment.
- 3,600 square meters of entertainment space, including racing track and games and observation rooms
- A race track spread over two levels with a 50-metre-long tunnel
- Interactive gaming room, catering and observation facilities
- AR safety training, engine adjustment for weight-dependent performance class certification, safety gear fitting for each rider