Karting NSW is planning to trial chest-mounted video recording devices on its race meeting officials.
The organisation said the cameras will assist in improving its events through improved consistency in a number of areas, namely:
- critical incidents / emergency response
- breaches of the competition rules
- assist with the identification of Training opportunities for Officials and improvements to Karting NSW Rules
- protecting Officials from abuse
- assist Stewards with reporting
- serve as input to Tribunals if required
KNSW is working with the Australian Sports Foundation to get the project happening. It has a funding target of $4,373 that cover the purchase of three sets of 3 x GoPro Hero 8 Black cameras plus associated accessories.
More about the project, plus the ability to donate, is on the Australian Sports Foundation website HERE.