Kart tracks in regional Victoria will be permitted to re-open from tomorrow (August 10) and Karting Australia will allow its non-Metro clubs to run social and competition events this weekend.
A statement from Karting Australia is below.
Following today’s announcement by the Premier of Victoria, please see below a summary of what it means for the sport of karting in Victoria.
Social Karting Activities can resume at Regional Victorian Clubs as of tomorrow, Tuesday August 10 and Club Events can proceed as scheduled for this weekend based on the following requirements:
- Open for all ages, training and competition.
- Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies
- Limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. players, coaches)
- Spectators not allowed (excludes people necessary for events such as teachers, instructors, trainers, coaches, umpires, carers, parents and guardians)
- Maximum 300 people in attendance at the venue
- COVID-19 Marshalls and Check-In Officers as per previous advice and Victorian Government requirements
Masks will continue to be required everywhere indoors and outdoors (except private residences), unless an exception applies.
Should you have any questions Lee Hanatschek on 07 5655 4341 (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pam Arnett on 0409 334 175 (email@example.com).
Best Regards and Stay Safe
Chief Executive Officer