Karting News Briefs
notizie karting rapido da qualsiasi luogo in Australia e in tutto il mondo...
- RULES - Homologation update for the IAME X30 regarding the sponge filter in the intake silencer. It can be a red or green IAME item as per below (the green air filter, predominantly for speedway/dirt, is a finer filter). The official Karting Australia PDF is HERE.
- RULES - The CIK-FIA has published the international regulations for the 2017 season of karting.
- Access all the Sporting regulations HERE
- Access the Technical regulations HERE
- FREE BEER - AKRA's free beer offer:
- AUSSIE OVERSEAS - Australian Marcos Flack participated in the weekend's WSK pre-season open test at Adria Karting Raceway, Italy. Driving CRG/TM/Vega with CRG's Gamoto ASD team, Marcos set 7th fastest time in the 60 Mini class on Saturday. Despite going a tenth faster and topping a couple of sessions on Sunday, he was 7th again. Ninety-eight 60 Mini drivers attended the test which also had 52 OK-Juniors, 31 in OK and 43 in KZ2. Session results and times for all classes are HERE.
- Melbourne Speedway Kart Club calendar:
- CRASH VIDEO - Vroom has the video that was removed from Youtube that shows Kiwi James Blair's huge accident at the SKUSA SuperNationals last year. As can be seen in the video, it was caused by another driver swerving at him. A photo of the wrecked kart is in the News Briefs from last year - see HERE.
- EVENTS - The schedule for the 2017 the Canadian Karting Challenge and Vega Cup has been confirmed:
RACE #1 - Sunday, May 7, 2017 @ INNISFIL (CKC & IKC)
RACE #2 - Sunday, June 11, 2017 @ INNISFIL (CKC & Vega)
RACE #3 - Saturday, July 8, 2017 @ MOSPORT (CKC & Vega)
RACE #4 - Sunday, July 30, 2017 @ MOSPORT (CKC & Vega)
RACE #5 - Saturday August 5 & Sunday August 6, 2017 @ SHANNONVILLE (IKC, CKC & Vega)
RACE #6 - Sunday, September 17, 2017 @ INNISFIL (CKC & IKC)
- EVENTS - Likewise, here is the final calendar of the 2017 Italian ACI Karting Championship:
Round #1 - 29-30 April 1-May 2017 (South Garda Karting, Lonato). Categories: KZ2, 60 Mini, OK, ACI Kart, OK-Junior, ACI Kart Junior, KZ4
Round #2 - 26-27-28 May 2017 (International Circuit Napoli, Sarno). Categories: KZ2, 60 Mini, OK, ACI Kart, OK-Junior, ACI Kart Junior, KZ3
Round #3 - 2-3-4 June 2017 (Circuito del Sele, Battipaglia). Categories: KZ2, 60 Mini, OK, ACI Kart, OK-Junior, ACI Kart Junior, KZ4
Round #4 - 14-15-16 July 2017 (Circuit Adria Karting Raceway, Adria). Categories: KZ2, 60 Mini, OK, ACI Kart, OK-Junior, ACI Kart Junior, KZ3
Round #5 - 1-2-3 September 2017 (Circuit of Siena, Castelnuovo Berardenga). Categories: KZ2, 60 Mini, OK, ACI Kart, OK-Junior, ACI Kart Junior, KZ3, KZ4
- LUCKY - They pulled the lid off this just in time!
pic - used with permission
- TICKETS - Eight Rotax Pro Tour karters will win a Family Pass to the Australian F1 Grand Prix. The winners (one from each class) will be drawn at the track on Australia Day, Jan 26.
- PRO TOUR - The timetable and entry list for round 1 has been published. The event starts at Todd Rd on Thursday. Pre-finals and Finals are on Saturday (there is no racing Sunday).
- EVENT - This year's National Festival of Superkarts will be at Phillip Island in August:
- DARE TO DREAM - Former Alice Springs dirt kart racer James McFadden won the Grand Annual Sprintcar Classic at Warrnambool on the weekend. Pics & info via Dirt Kart World.
- CLUB/EVENT - Southern Go Kart Club is about to kick off the 2017 Championship with the first of five events this Sunday, the Australia Day Classic. Rules and series info below. The August club event will carry double points. "If you're not a Southern member but wish to take part, sign up, become a member and get yourself in the mix!" the club advised.
- CLUB/TRACK - Bendigo Kart club is planning to run a January club day. Members were out at the venue on the weekend getting ready for that, as well as preparing the circuit for the opening round of the Golden Power Series next month.
pic - Bendigo Kart Club/Facebook
- TEAM/DRIVER - Pace Images has announced they'll be supporting Henry Johnstone in the KZ2 class of the 2017 Australian Kart Championship. "Henry will be plucking gears from behind the wheel of the #90 Mad Croc kart representing the newly formed Anarchy Kartsport. He will be the youngest KZ2 driver on the grid but with a mature head on his shoulders and support from Anarchy Kartsport I’m confident he’ll do well" they posted.
Above: Johnstone and the Mad Croc on the scales (pic - Pace Images)
- CLUB/TRACK - Updates from the Committee of the Ipswich Kart Club: "The last 4 days at the track have been extremely productive and we would like to thank Scott & the team of Howard's Concreting for working day and night to carry out the safety and track maintenance upgrades. Stage 2 of the clean up and safety improvements included the removal of 80% of the chip bark, profiling of run off area's to remove mounds, the installation of 4 out of the 5 required gravel traps and some underground electrical repairs. We also would like to thank Tony & the team at Electro Industries for their assistance with the underground electrical repairs they got done for the club at very short notice. Stay tuned for the 3rd and final stage in the coming weeks and we appreciate all our members patience & support during these upgrades".
pics - IKC/Facebook
- EVENT - Karts are part of the program at Laang Speedway (near Warrnambool) next month: