IKD, promoter of the Rotax Pro Tour, conducted a competitor survey at the Puckapunyal round of the series on the weekend.
Here is IKD’s summary of the collated data:
- In general, people like the idea of practice tyres being limited to only 1 x set on the Friday – 68% of people are in favour of this concept.
- 61% of people think that we need to try and think up ways to put some type of further pre-event testing restrictions in place.
- The idea of going to Emerald is not very popular amongst competitors – 77% of people said NO.
- Strangely enough, even though Emerald was a definite NO as a one off event….52% of people like the idea of a North Queensland week away with 2 events on consecutive weekends – but 52% is not high enough to consider this idea so it will be a NO.
- 58% of people prefer that we allocate the Grand Final seats based on the overall series rather than splitting the seats up into 3 x 2 Round blocks.
- 82% of people like the Trophies we have had this year.
- 93% think that Rotax Pro Tour classes are worthy of National Championship status.
- In Queensland the tracks that are most popular are Ipswich and Warwick.
- In NSW, Dubbo is comfortably the most popular followed by Eastern Creek and Newcastle.
- In Victoria Todd Rd and Puckapunyal are clearly the most popular with Albury coming in third.
- 54% of people like the idea of running one event per year with a different format such as Qualifying, 2 heats and a Final on both Saturday and Sunday using only 1 x set of tyres